Principal Scientist/ Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Ribon Therapeutics is a biopharma company pioneering the development of small molecule first-in-class therapeutics targeting enzyme families that are activated under cellular stress conditions. We explore novel areas of disease biology and use our expertise in drug discovery to develop new and effective treatments for patients with high unmet need. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is easily accessible by car and public transportation.
Ribon Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced medicinal chemist who will be responsible for discovering and developing transformative cancer medicines that target cellular stress pathways. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of both an outsourced chemistry team and internal synthetic chemistry team to meet project timelines. The individual will be accountable for compound design and analysis of data and will serve as the medicinal chemistry leader on a drug discovery project. The individual will collaborate with other Ribon scientists in a cross-functional team setting to drive project objectives. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, work effectively in a dynamic, matrix team environment, and demonstrate creativity, flexibility, initiative, and independence.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Experience managing synthetic chemistry CROs and leading projects as a medicinal chemistry leader.
- Experience with structure-based drug design of small molecules.
- Robust understanding of the parameters for drug optimization and up to date on current literature.
- Track record of contribution to project teams enabling achievement of milestones in a time efficient manner and delivering to aggressive timelines.
- Experience in hit finding through lead optimization phases of drug discovery.
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- 7-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with a MS (10+ years) or PhD (7+ years) degree in a relevant discipline (synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry).
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]