Senior Research IT and Informatics Manager
We are seeking an experienced IT and Informatics Manager for the Discovery and Biology Organizations. This individual will be responsible for implementing Research IT solutions across the Discovery and Biology space; including Medicinal Chemistry, Computation Chemistry, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, and pre-clinical DMPK. The candidate is expected to have a strong understanding of the overall drug discovery process and its distinct requirements. The ideal candidate will provide strategic direction in new software evaluation, current software enhancements, and suggest new innovative capabilities. This candidate will contribute to the development and execution of a systems roadmap that supports our ever-growing Research Organization.
This position will encompass various responsibilities including project management, requirements/process definition, and change management. The candidate will be responsible for project prioritization, technical decision making, and facilitation of troubleshooting.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level of technical experience and have a proven track record of working with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening and incorporating diverse input to deliver objectives within agreed time frames and budgets.
- Configure and be principal user and administrator of a research informatics system (chemistry and biology electronic lab notebooks, data repository, data analysis tools, sample management tracking system, etc.).
- Build strong relationships within the organization to support all scientific software projects.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for all Research Informatics applications and initiatives.
- Implement and support scientific computer applications using APIs, web services and scripting languages to configure on-premise and cloud applications that will support drug discovery research.
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data. Test, implement, and support new workflows, database components, and data sharing pipelines to on- and off-site databases.
- Manage data warehouse and visualization technologies.
- Provide leadership, project management and/or implementation support for various Research systems projects and initiatives.
- Oversee and assist in the selection, installation, configuration, and maintenance of scientific applications (open source and licensed).
- Provide training to others and document database changes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot database issues and maintain database systems availability and scalability within our production environment.
- Implementing and generating maximum value from this company’s Dotmatics applications.
- Configure and be principal user and administrator
- Elicit user requirements and customize Dotmatics solutions for chemical and biological data querying, retrieval and visualization.
- Automate assay data processing visualization per end-user requirements.
- Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles
- Troubleshoot database issues and maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments
- Engineer designs that satisfy current requirements and are extensible for future enhancement
- Understand IT strategies, policies, standards, and work practices to effectively explain and implement them with scientific colleagues.
- Manage external IT service providers quality and performance to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified service levels, requirements, and overall effectiveness.
- Contribute and oversee the operations and maintenance of IT infrastructure such as web/database application hosting and high-performance computing (HPC), virtualization environment and cloud orchestration (AWS/VMware).
- Lead issue resolution and cross-functional problem solving with internal and external technical support providers.
- Develop and maintain design documents, SOPs, test scripts, user acceptance testing, user documentation, production support documentation, and other relevant deliverables for various Research systems.
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a LIMS/research informatics environment.
- Experience writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and strong understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with installing and use of scientific applications such as Dotmatics Browser, Vortex, Spotfire, MOE, samtools, Jupyter notebooks, github.
- Experience integrating information flow between different systems (APIs, R, Python, Java, etc.).
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Scripting languages a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated by experience in implementing, configuring, administering, and testing computer systems.
- Understanding of the Drug Discovery Process.
- Maximum flexibility to adapt to changing program needs in real time.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].