Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
Ribon Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced organic chemist to help build our internal medicinal chemistry team. This is primarily a lab-based role and applicants must have experience in small molecule multistep synthesis, purification, and analytical techniques. We are seeking applicants with strong problem-solving skills who are excited about tackling complex synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges. The ideal candidate will also have strong communication skills, work effectively in a dynamic, matrix team environment, and demonstrate creativity, flexibility, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Synthesize, purify and characterize small molecule compounds as singletons and in parallel.
- Have an up-to-date understanding of the chemical literature, including an awareness of current synthetic techniques.
- Interact with structural biologists, computational chemists, biologists, biochemists, and pharmacologists as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Interpret biological data and incorporate into compound design.
- Present results to chemistry, project teams, and broader audiences.
- Keep detailed laboratory notebooks and contribute to patent application and publication preparation.
- Manage chemistry CROs.
- Apply good laboratory practices with an emphasis on safety.
- 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry.
- Experience in multistep synthesis working on milligram to 100+ gram scale.
- Experience with purification techniques including silica gel chromatography and mass-directed HPLC purification.
- Understand reaction sequence troubleshooting and route improvement.
- Familiar with chemistry search engines (SciFinder or Reaxys).
- Meticulous, self-motivated, and independent.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].