Senior Research Associate/Biochemical & Cellular Pharmacology
Ribon is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company pursuing the development of novel small molecules targeting stress support pathways in cancer and inflammation using our proprietary BEACON+ (Blocking the Enzyme Activity Component of NAD+) platform. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The candidate will be an integral member of a team responsible for discovering and developing transformative cancer medicines that target cellular stress pathways. This position reports to a Principal Scientist in Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology and will support our efforts in developing and running cell-based assays to examine the engagement of small molecule inhibitors with their targets and the resulting phenotypic effects.
- Determine optimal conditions for growth of mammalian cancer, immune and neuronal cell lines.
- Develop novel cell-based assays from first principles using engineered cell lines, primary cells, and/or immortalized cell lines.
- Characterization of protein levels and post-translational modifications using techniques such as Western blotting, ELISA, MSD, mass spectrometry in cells and animal tissues.
- Analysis of gene expression using qPCR and microarrays.
- Manage research at contract research organizations.
- Communicate results to functional teams and matrix project teams.
- BS with 3+ years or MS with 1+ years of industrial experience in biology, biomedical sciences or related field.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Skilled in 96 or 384 well cell assay development such as viability assays, ELISA, cell biophysical assays or immunofluorescence assays.
- Experience with automation or liquid handling equipment a plus.
- Experience with protein detection (Western blotting, ELISA, etc).
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR).
- Ability to think critically and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated team player with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills and attention to detail to ensure reproducibility and consistency.
- Exceptional time management skills.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]