Scientist, Structural Biology and Protein Sciences
Ribon Therapeutics is a biopharma company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced structural biologist to expand our structural biology team. Applicants should have strong problem-solving skills and be excited to tackle complex structural biology challenges. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, work effectively in a dynamic, matrix team environment, and demonstrate creativity, flexibility, and initiative.
- Design protein constructs for use in enzymatic and biophysical assays and for structural studies (protein crystallography and cryoEM).
- Manage gene-to-structure CROs.
- Characterize protein samples, protein-ligand complexes, and larger multi-protein complexes, assess activity and suitability for structural studies. Role is expected to be 50% bench work.
- If warranted based on experience, QC X-Ray data and protein co-crystal structures and/or structures solved by cryoEM.
- Present results to project teams and broader audiences.
- Interact with biochemists, chemists, and biologists as part of a multidisciplinary drug discovery team.
- Keep detailed laboratory notebooks and contribute to publication preparation (manuscripts, IND applications, patents).
- Maintain databases of plasmids, proteins, and structural information.
- PhD and post doctoral experience in structural biology (0-3 years industry experience) or BS/MS with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated success solving complex structural biology problems.
- Deep understanding of how protein structure and dynamics influence function, and an understanding of the biochemical and biophysical techniques used to interpret protein activity.
- Experience characterizing and determining structures of proteins bound to small molecules preferred.
- Ability to communicate structural information to audiences with varied scientific backgrounds.
- Hands on experience with protein expression from multiple types of expression systems: bacterial, insect, and mammalian.
- Experience with a variety of protein purification (both gravity and automation-based methods) and protein QC techniques (gels, SEC, mass spec) required.
- Experience with structure determination by protein crystallography and/or cryoEM preferred.
- CRO management experience preferred.
- Meticulous, self-motivated, and independent. Comfortable working on several projects in parallel.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].