Scientist, Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
Ribon Therapeutics is a biopharma company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. We are seeking a Computational Biologist/Bioinformatics Scientist with a track record in academic or drug discovery settings. We are looking for a top-notch contributor to join our culture of transparency, intensity, scientific rigor, and fun!
The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary team working towards developing novel cancer therapies for patients. With expertise in applied programming and large-scale ‘omics’ datatypes and analysis, the candidate will drive innovation and drug development through creative and sound analyses of internal and external datasets.
- Design and perform analyses for high-throughput data types with a focus on oncology drug development
- Periodically mine public ‘omics’ databases to facilitate target selection, biomarker discovery, and generate biological hypotheses
- Apply statistical-based approaches for biological data hypothesis testings
- Collaborate with lab scientists as a project team member and provide expertise as a scientific resource
Education and Requirements
- Ph.D. + zero years or MS + 3-4 years in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, statistics or a related discipline of applied research experience in either an academic or industry setting.
- Proficient in relevant programming language(s) such as R, Python, Perl, or Java as well Unix/Linux environments and the command line
- Significant experience in the analysis of high-throughput DNA and RNA sequencing data, including primary, secondary and tertiary analyses
- Good understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP, UCSC genome browser, TCGA, DepMap) and a good understanding of the biology behind gene expression profiling, comparative genomics and genetic mapping
- Appreciation of the use of statistical methods and mathematical models in the interpretation of biological data
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate conclusions from complex data is essential
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams
- Identify and work with partners/consultants to complement internal bioinformatics efforts
- Ability to work well under pressure and drive projects that affect critical timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].