Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Translational Sciences
Ribon is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company pursuing the development of novel small molecules targeting stress support pathways in cancer and inflammation using our proprietary BEACON+ (Blocking the Enzyme Activity Component of NAD+) platform. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The candidate will be an integral member of a team responsible for discovering and developing transformative cancer medicines that target cellular stress pathways. This position reports to a Senior Scientist in Translational Sciences and will support our efforts in developing and running clinical biomarker assays to examine target engagement with small molecule inhibitors in clinically relevant sample types.
- Develop and validate novel biomarker assays using immortalized cell lines, primary cells, or tissue from preclinical animal studies.
- Translate and validate preclinical assays on clinically-relevant human tissue types (blood, skin, tumor, etc).
- Characterization of protein levels and post-translational modifications using techniques such as Western blotting, ELISA, MSD, mass spectrometry in cells and animal tissues.
- Analysis of gene expression using qPCR and microarrays.
- Manage research at contract research organizations.
- Communicate results to functional teams and matrix project teams.
- BS with 1-3 or MS + 1 years of industrial experience in biology, biomedical sciences, or related field.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Skilled in biomarker assay development such as ELISA, flow cytometry, or immunofluorescence assays.
- Experience with protein detection (Western blotting, SimpleWesterns, ELISA, etc).
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR).
- Experience with automation or liquid handling equipment a plus.
- Ability to think critically and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated team player with strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills and attention to detail to ensure reproducibility and consistency.
- Exceptional time management skills.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]