Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Biological Sciences
Ribon Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is easily accessible by car and public transportation.
The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team developing novel small molecule inhibitors for monoPARPs and NADome targets. This position by will be reporting to a scientist in the Biological Sciences group to support target validation. He or she will employ a variety of molecular and cell biology techniques to understand target biology and develop cell-based assays for small molecule inhibitors.
- Generate genetically modified cell lines to support target validation and assay development
- Develop and execute cell-based assays with genetically manipulated cells and small molecule inhibitors
- Knockdown or knockout (by CRISPR technology) and over-expression of proteins for target validation
- Routinely perform data analysis and present results in various group settings
Education and Requirements
- BS/MS in Biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory experience including 1-3 years in an industry setting
- Adeptness in mammalian tissue culture techniques is a must
- Extensive hands-on experience required for conventional molecular and cell biology techniques, Western blotting, Cell proliferation assays, ELISA, qRT-PCR, Plasmid transfection and lentiviral transduction
- Experience with High-throughput immunofluorescence (high-content imaging) assays, immunoprecipitation assays, colony formation and 3D culture assays, flow cytometry, and mass spectrometry is favorable but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed environment to support multiple programs
- Good understanding of oncology and signaling pathways is a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and troubleshooting skills are essential
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].