Principal Research Associate/Scientist for Biological Sciences
Ribon Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is in the process of moving from Lexington Massachusetts to 35 Cambridge Park Drive, near the Alewife red line stop.
The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team developing novel small molecule inhibitors for monoPARPs in oncology. This position reports to a program leader in the Biological Sciences group and will employ a variety of molecular, cellular and immunological techniques to understand target biology and develop cell based assays for small molecule inhibitors.
- Generate high quality data that increases our understanding of emerging monoPARP biology and elucidate the mechanism of action of small molecule monoPARP inhibitors in cancer
- Investigate both the tumor intrinsic and immune mediated activities of monoPARP inhibitors in multiple cancer and primary immune cell models
- Establish novel models to investigate monoPARP biology
- Routinely perform data analysis and present results in various group settings
Education and Requirements
- BS/MS in Biology or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- A background in oncology/immunology is a distinct advantage
- Direct experience in tissue culture, RNAi/CRISPR, western blotting, ELISAs, flow cytometry, stable cell line generation, proliferation/ signaling assays
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and related immune cellular assays is a plus
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].