Principal Scientist, Discovery Biology
Ribon is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company pursuing the development of novel small molecules targeting stress support pathways in cancer and inflammation using our proprietary BEACON+ (Blocking the Enzyme Activity Component of NAD+) platform.
We are seeking a biologist with a background in inflammation, immunology, or neuroinflammation to join our culture of transparency, intensity, scientific rigor, and fun! The successful candidate will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary pre-clinical team that is developing novel small molecule inhibitors to suppress inflammatory diseases. This position is a high visibility role with a major impact in the early stages of drug discovery and the opportunity to serve as program lead. Candidates should have a strong research track record and leadership experience in early-stage drug discovery research in an industry setting are preferred.
- The candidate will be a member of the discovery biology team and work with a diverse group of scientists in the BEACON+ platform to drive the initiation of Ribon’s drug discovery programs.
- The candidate will also support ongoing pre-clinical and clinical programs and may serve as a program lead.
- In this role, the candidate will be an intellectual driver with significant impact on program and company strategy.
- The candidate is expected to independently evaluate the literature to design, execute, and interpret studies in support of the BEACON+ platform and programs.
- The candidate will perform some laboratory work, manage studies with CROs, and may direct junior scientists as their manager.
- The candidate will communicate scientific results among the scientific team, to senior management, scientific advisors, board of directors, and at scientific meetings/conferences.
Education and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in immunology, neuroscience, or a related field.
- 4-6 years of drug discovery experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry; candidates with post-doc experience will also be considered with less time spent in industry.
- Management or program leadership experience are preferred.
- Critical and independent evaluation of the scientific literature is a must.
- Proficient in experimental design, assay development, execution of experiments, data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Hands-on experience in immunology, inflammation, neuroinflammation and neuroscience is an advantage.
- The successful candidate can work independently yet thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and drive projects that affect critical timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]