Principal Research Associate for Biological Sciences
Ribon Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary drug discovery project team developing novel small molecule inhibitors for monoPARPs. This position reports to a senior scientist in the Biological Sciences group and will employ a variety of molecular and cell biology techniques to understand target biology and develop cell-based assays for small molecule inhibitors.
- Knockdown or knockout (by CRISPR technology) and over-expression of proteins for target validation
- Developing and executing cell-based assays with genetically manipulated cells and small molecule inhibitors
- Perform molecular biology and biochemistry assays to evaluate mechanism of action of small molecule inhibitors
- Data analysis of cell-based assay data
- Present data at various venues including Project team meetings, Company and Department meetings, and Scientific Advisory meetings
Education and Requirements
- BS/MS in Biology or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- High proficiency in mammalian tissue culture techniques is a must
- Extensive experience in a range of molecular and cell biological techniques is highly desirable, including western blot analysis, ELISA, qRT-PCR, cell proliferation and cell death analysis, lentiviral transduction technologies, and proficiency in the development and implementation of cell-based assays
- Experience with basic flow cytometry and/or 3D culture in vitro tissue culture techniques is a plus
- A background in oncology is a distinct advantage
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills are essential
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].