Laboratory and Facilities Manager
Ribon Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is located in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The candidate will be an integral member of a team responsible for discovering and developing transformative cancer medicines. The successful candidate will be in charge of continuing existing and building new operational systems and procedures that will be keep Ribon’s lab running smoothly and help Ribon grow and evolve. The individual will support Ribon’s highly integrated team by orchestrating and executing complex operational projects behind the scenes. This position is vital in keeping the lab operational and the individual should feel energized by knowing they will have a constant and significant impact on the company.
- Management of all general lab operations including waste consolidation, gas tank exchanges, tissue culture lab maintenance, etc.
- Assistance in the CAPEX purchasing of equipment
- Management of installation, maintenance, and repair of specialized instrumentation
- Management of laboratory alarm monitoring system ensuring that critical equipment is running properly
- Management of inventory and ordering of laboratory consumables
- Oversight and management of biohazard and chemical waste streams
- Defining and overseeing processes including shipping/receiving and chemical inventory management (chemical reagents, SDS, etc.) and general lab maintenance
- Monitoring compliance with regulations governing the safe operation of a laboratory
- A B.S. or higher in Chemistry, Biology or related scientific discipline or job experience in a laboratory environment
- A minimum of 4 years of operations experience
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize challenges to ensure the successful execution of goals
- Excellent interpersonal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A high level of personal leadership, self-motivation and organization
- Ready, adaptable, and eager to handle a wide variety of tasks, ranging from ordering reagents to researching the latest lab equipment or coordinating a move
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to email@example.com.