DMPK Principal Scientist/Associate Director
Ribon Therapeutics, a clinical biopharmaceutical company focused on targeting stress pathways to develop novel cancer therapeutics, is seeking to hire a computational biology lead. The new hire will work on a variety of bioinformatics projects focused on target identification, drug discovery, translational research, and clinical development. We seek a top-notch contributor to join our culture of transparency, intensity, scientific rigor, and fun!
The successful candidate will join our DMPK group and serve as an integral member of multidisciplinary drug discovery teams developing novel inhibitors to target cancer.
- Initially oversee transition of program from late discovery through early clinical development.
- Design, analyze and interpret data from DMPK studies to ensure ADME challenges are thoroughly addressed and resolved from lead identification through development stages.
- Work closely with pharmacology and toxicology groups to design exposure/response experiments and inform decision making.
- Develop risk-based optimization strategies appropriate to the intended clinical application.
- Prepare human dose projections based on preclinical data to guide candidate selection.
- Coordinate work via CRO partners and hold them accountable for timelines and deliverables.
- Track and prepare studies for regulatory filing.
- Author relevant sections of IND documents.
- Track record of successful problem solving, high quality science and influencing of stakeholders, particularly in a drug project context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that lead to successful collaborative working relationships.
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process and how DMPK studies contribute to that process.
- Mentor junior DMPK scientists as the group grows
Experience and Education:
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, medicinal chemistry etc, plus >5 years industry experience OR BS in biology or chemistry, plus >10 years industry experience.
- The ideal candidate should have deep, hands on expertise in at least one of the foundational areas of DMPK (bioanalysis, metabolism, pharmacokinetics, etc). Experience in multiple aspects of DMPK is preferred.
- A successful candidate will have experience representing the DMPK function on project teams at either the discovery, development, or early clinical stages.
- Need to be a team player capable of operating as part of a multi-disciplinary drug discovery/development team.
- Expected to work with outside experts or consultants for questions beyond the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Should be familiar with principles of non-compartmental data analysis and human dose projection techniques.
- Expertise with PK software such as Phoenix, NONMEM, etc, is desired.
- Ability to interpret complex data and apply the results to drug discovery needs is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and drive projects that affect critical timelines
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]