Director/Senior Director – DMPK
Ribon is a clinical stage, biopharmaceutical company pursuing the development of novel small molecule targeting stress support pathways in cancer and inflammation using our proprietary BEACON (blocking the enzyme activity component of NAD) platform.
The role reports to the Senior Vice President of Molecular Discovery to support the successful planning and execution of discovery and nonclinical DMPK studies. You will serve as a champion for assigned programs, manages critical path activities, identifies execution risks and develops contingency plans as needed. You will be responsible for the coordination of project planning, cross-functional meetings and communication. You will also collaborate with project teams in reaching timely, data-driven decisions.
- Provides in-depth expertise in human and animal pharmacokinetics, biotransformation/metabolism, transport, disposition, PK modeling, and analytical method development in support of strategy and programs.
- Proficient with in vitro and in vivo techniques used to predict PK behavior, characterize drug candidates and assess their forward development risk.
- Retains external consultants as needed to increase knowledge base
- Identifies and qualifies appropriate vendors/contract research organizations/collaborators.
- Develops and reviews study protocols.
- Monitors program activities with outside vendors/collaborators, timelines, action items and meeting minutes, as needed to ensure successful delivery of study objectives.
- Tracks budget and invoices, including approval of changes arising throughout the year due to changing conditions/plans.
- Prepares and reviews regulatory documentation (from IND/CTA to NDA/MAA) and outside reports as appropriate.
- Works with the clinical team and consultants to design and analyze human PK from early clinical studies.
- Communicates with project team and provides regular progress updates. Elevates issues to management as appropriate.
- Coordinates effort with other functional areas (Medicinal Chemistry, Biology, CMC, Clinical) as needed.
- Prepares and reviews publications (manuscripts, posters or presentations), either independently or in collaboration with external contractors and/or investigators.
- Requires a MS or Ph.D. in a DMPK scientific discipline, with at least 7+ years relevant professional experience..
- Level of the position will be determined based on seniority and prior experience
- Successful drug discovery and development track record with specialization in either pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism or modeling.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits strong independent work ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism when interacting with outside investigators and vendors.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multitask in order to deliver high quality work product on agreed-upon timelines and budget.
- Working knowledge of and ability to execute against late development stage regulatory DMPK requirements strongly preferred.
- Prior project leadership or project management experience is preferred.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]