Director, Head of Lead Discovery
Ribon Therapeutics is a biopharma company pioneering the development of small molecule first-in-class therapeutics targeting enzyme families that are activated under cellular stress conditions. We explore novel areas of disease biology and use our expertise in drug discovery to develop new and effective treatments for patients with high unmet need. Ribon offers a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and much more. Ribon is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is easily accessible by car and public transportation.
Ribon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, experienced biologist/biochemist who will be responsible for discovering and developing transformative medicines that target cellular stress pathways. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of Lead Discovery, including cell assays, biochemical assays, protein production and structural biology. The individual will be accountable developing and implementing the strategy for novel target assay development, screening, and analysis of data. Additionally, the individual will support ongoing preclinical and clinical programs by collaborating with translational and biological sciences and optimize workflow. The individual as part of the senior leader team will collaborate with other Ribon leaders in a cross-functional setting to develop project objectives and execute company strategy. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, work effectively in a dynamic, matrix team environment, and demonstrate creativity, flexibility, initiative, and independence.
- Experience managing a group to deliver quality data for in vitro pharmacological and cell based functional assays.
- Experience with cell assay discovery across multiple disease areas; experience in immunology and neuroscience assays is a plus.
- Experience mentoring PhD-level scientists and a track record of successful management of external teams at contract research organizations.
- Robust understanding of the parameters for assay development and automation and up to date on current literature.
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Represent the company/program teams at scientific conferences and in internal meetings with senior management.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with a MS or PhD degree in a relevant discipline (biology, biochemistry).
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]