Ribon Therapeutics is a biopharma company pioneering the discovery of new cancer medicines that target monoPARP proteins, critical regulators of cancer survival mechanisms.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate for our Controller, Director Finance position to lead and manage the accounting / finance operations of the Company. This is a newly created position reporting to the Chief Business Officer and is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a top-tier, rapidly growing, privately-held biotechnology company. The successful candidate will have a willingness and ability to manage and execute the entire range of tasks required to support the Company’s financial functions. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, biotech start-up environment.
- Lead the accounting operations of the company including maintaining an adequate system of accounting records/policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Ensure that the company’s accounting procedures and reported results confirm to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Manage the payroll and accounts payable processes (includes overseeing purchasing process).
- Interface with financial institutions and external accounting firm.
- Oversee the independent valuation and year end independent financial statement audit.
- Manage the company’s tax reporting and state filing requirements.
- Take lead on preparing and readying the organization for SEC standards, including reporting, compliance and implementation of Sarbanes Oxley, as required.
- Research and advise the company on the adoption of critical financial systems and lead implementation of systems and processes.
- Support general administrative projects in Facilities, IT and HR as needed.
- Manage the company’s corporate insurance policies.
Accounting & Reporting:
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Support the Chief Business Officer and executive leadership as a key contributor to the Company’s strategic plan and ongoing business strategy.
- Support all planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Lead budgeting and monitoring performance vs. budget on a monthly basis.
- Organize and prepare financial materials and Board presentations.
- Assist with maintenance of the Company’s capitalization table and support all shareholder issues.
- Oversee financial controls and assist with legal controls in the company.
- Responsible for managing the cash-flow of the company, including bank accounts and investments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting with current CPA/Chartered Accountant license desired.
- High-energy leader experienced in leading a corporate accounting team in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in corporate and/or general accounting including recent public company experience as the controller or assistant controller including managing public offerings either from within the company or during accounting firm experience is required.
- Big 4 Public Accounting, SEC reporting, and US GAAP experience preferred.
- Privately held, VC-backed company experience strongly preferred.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Prior employment in the biotechnology industry preferred.
- Ability to implement and research new and emerging accounting trends, as applicable.
- Experience implementing/maintaining ERP systems and developing reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Strong people leader with the ability to produce quality results in an efficient manner within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Exhibit the highest degree of ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected].