Associate Scientist/Scientist – Biological Sciences
Ribon is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company pursuing the development of novel small molecules targeting stress support pathways in cancer and inflammation using our proprietary BEACON+ (Blocking the Enzyme Activity Component of NAD+) platform.
We are seeking a biologist with a background in inflammation/immunology or oncology to join our culture of transparency, intensity, scientific rigor, and fun! The successful candidate will serve as an integral member of a multidisciplinary pre-clinical team that is developing novel small molecule inhibitors for monoARTs. The position is an opportunity to perform in a high visibility role with the possibility to have a major impact in the pre-clinical stages of drug development. Candidates with a track record in early-stage drug discovery research in either a pharma setting or in academia will be considered.
- The candidate will work as part of a pre-clinical team to support ongoing drug discovery, pre-clinical, and clinical programs.
- The candidate will design and conduct cell-based assays to determine the mechanism of action of the tool compounds.
- The candidate will validate targets via various genetic and pharmaceutical approaches.
- The candidate will be provided opportunities to manage outsourced FTEs and projects at appropriate CROs.
- The candidate will communicate scientific results among the scientific teams.
Education and Requirements:
- MS/Ph.D. in immunology, inflammation, cancer biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- 0-5 years of drug discovery experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience in immunology/inflammation is an advantage.
- Extensive technical expertise in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genome editing, and mammalian tissue culture techniques are essential.
- Experience in high throughput screening, familiarity with lab automation, and basic computational skills are a plus.
- Proven experience in the critical and independent evaluation of the scientific literature is a must.
- Proficient in experimental design, assay development, execution of experiments, data analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- The successful candidate is able to work independently yet thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and drive projects that affect critical timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are interested in joining Ribon’s team, please email your resume to [email protected]