What are cookies?
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files contain a personal identifier allowing us to monitor your browsing activity, capture information about your device, general location and IP address, which would be considered as personal data.
Cookies are NOT viruses, any kind of malware, programs or applications. Cookies can’t access any of the information held on your device and cannot directly identify you.
Cookies serve several useful purposes for you, including:
- Tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type.
- Improving how our website performs.
- Improving your experience and allowing our website to recognise you when you return.
- Allowing us to customise our website to your interests.
- Understanding who our audience is so that we can provide content most relevant to you.
- Allowing third parties to provide services to our website.
- Helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Types of cookies that we use
We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount of time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Non-essential cookies – with your consent non-essential cookies are set when you visit our website. They serve to optimize the user experience, provide us with insights about how users use our website, or are used for marketing purposes.
To the extent personal data is processed via these cookies, the respective legal basis is your consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR. You may withdraw your consent at any time in the future by adjusting your cookie settings.